Sunday, March 25

Belissima

All the awe and wonder and love of Italy came flooding back this month as Benc and I celebrated the 1st year anniversary of our trip to Europe, and we did so by waking up early the past four Sunday mornings (7 am!) to catch the BBC special Italy: From Top to Toe.

Count Francesco da Mosto, a Sicilian-Venetian, presented the show. He drove all through Italy in his fire-engine red Alfa Romeo and brought the audience to the most popular, as well as little-known places in the country.

The show was extremely engaging, as was the host. I loved that he knew of all the out-of-the way places (there are kilometers of tunnels underneath Naples; Palermo's city center is dying; once can climb Mount Aetna and get to its active center!). I also loved the way he presented the Italian way of life, and how they take time to actually enjoy it. It's also nice to see how we have similar traditions and values when it comes to family. Feel na feel ko tuloy ang last name ko, hehe.

In case it gets replayed on BBC, I highly recommend you catch it. If you've been to Italy before, you'll be able to re-live your trip! If you've never been there, you'll be booking your next flight to Roma. :-) Believe him when he says, Italy is better experienced than explained.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did loved this one too... Especially the part underground in Naples...
it made me claustrophobic too.

Anonymous said...

i remember your kwento non... grabe 1 year na pala yon.

Anonymous said...

Please, have a look at the limousine agency in Florence able to offer florence and italy tours by private limo and taxi service.