A month ago I ordered from Kenny Roger's. I decided to order in because I had work to do and decided that I could do more work while I waited for my meal to arrive. So I called and ordered one of their meals, their fries, and some dessert. 50 minutes later, the food hadn't arrived so I called to follow up. You know what the lady on the other line told me? The meal I ordered wasn't available that day, the fries weren't available for delivery, and so was the dessert.
What the--? I was so upset! Why didn't the person who took my call tell me what I ordered was no longer available? Why was I made to wait 50 minutes? No one even bothered to call me! So the lady I was talking to says,
"Ma'am sorry po. Would you like to order something else?"
Me: "Tapos? Anong oras dadating?"
Lady "In 45 minutes pa po."
Yeah right. The first girl also said it only took 45 mins. "No, forget it! Di na ako o-order sa inyo EVER AGAIN!"
Geez. The least they could do was
1. update their glossy, full-color flyers. If they have all that budget to come out with new versions every season, it would do them well to cross-check the information they're putting on there with their ACTUAL menu.
2. educate their call centers. aside from knowing how to answer calls, they should service clients better by returning calls right away if they knew some items were unavailable or out of stock.
3. when they say delivery will be in 45 minutes, they should work to get it to the customer in 45 mins or less. Have they never heard of customer delight?
======
Here's something horrendous:

Benc and I were too bummed to cook today, so we decided to order in. We chose Chowking. Referring to their flyer, I proceeded to order. Sure enough, two items that were written on their flyer were not available for delivery pala. (Chicken balls and Stir-fry Kangkong). So ok, fine. We ordered other things instead:
Beef Wanton, Salo Chicken (half),
Beef siomai, Kangkong and Bagoong, Mantao, Tofu, Nai-Cha.At least Chowking had the decency to call us back and say the Nai-Cha was unavailable. So we changed it to Sago't Gulaman. The food came on time, in fairness. Everything was sealed with their trademark panels of adhesive tape. Everything was nice and hot.
But as we chowed down, Benc found something extra in his Beef wanton
soup. Guess what it was: It was newspaper!!!!! The largest piece is shown here, with me holding it up to the camera. Benc theorized that it came from the packaging of the siomai wrapper. If you look closely at the last picture above, you'll see the print...I could even make out the words "Philippine Ports."AAAAUUUGGGHHHHHHH! Have these companies no respect for their consumers
anymore? I wonder how they'd like it if I put these pieces of garbage in their food. Heaven knows what else goes into their food. I used to be a loyal customer of Chowking. After this, I've decided to swear off their food until they take their patrons seriously. We spend our hard-earned money buying their products. The least they can do is treat us with respect and keep our meals clean. I don't think that's too much to ask.
2 comments:
ewwwww!!!!!!!!
(took me more than 10 mins to post this comment because i had to reclaim my old blogspot account, etc. :p)
i remember my sister and my tita who happen to eat there many moons ago, they saw a leg of a cockroach in their halo-halo :(
Post a Comment