Easter Sunday is today. I remember how my aunts, grandparents and parents used to make such a fuss about egg hunts and lunches. We'd go to at least two similar events on Easter Sunday which would begin with the games for the kids and end with endless gossiping and eating for the adults.
As I aged, the events were slowly forgotten until, like today, nothing really special is put together. No egg hunts or special lunches with extended family; no meet ups, reunions, or celebrations. I think in our family, Christmas is really just the favorite holiday. Still, family reunions are quite fun and sometimes I wish we still had them.
In this age where everyone can be somewhere else but still be connected, some traditions transform. We still greet each other Happy Easter, even though my sister is in Aklan, my brother is in the US and other family members are in Antique or attending to their own events. But I know we're still together, and I feel that, if they too had the means, the time, the opportunity, Easter egg hunts and day-long story-telling would be on the agenda for Easter Sundays like this.
No comments:
Post a Comment