Tuesday, February 2

42 Days since Adelaide

and I'm still counting. Notice how the posts dwindled close to October-November. Life became real in Adelaide, and though we knew we were due back in Manila, we couldn't quite shake off the fact that Adelaide was feeling more like home.

Now that I'm back in Manila, the adjustment hasn't been easy.

I'm still missing the easy life we had, the accessibility of most places, the efficiency of most services; the ease of travel, the freshness of the food, the friendly smiles and whole-hearted "G'days" and the relative quiet in my soul as I walked around the little city for hours and hours. The only thing that could stop me was a good cup of coffee. Which was pretty much available everywhere.

Now I sit at a coffee shop and find myself reminiscing again. It's sad but also sweet, to miss a place that obviously goes on without you. I long to be there, breathe the air, take my time and revel in the stillness of my spirit. It's a long way away, but the fondness will always remain. One day, I'll sit in my favorite coffee shop again, sipping a mocha, watching the trams roll by and think: how did I ever think I could leave?

No comments: