Tuesday, August 22

Rainy August

It's been gray nearly all month. From our window, the horizon gets erased every morning, and the Laguna Bay becomes invisible. Then the structures in the horizon get smudged out a little at a time in a thick cloud of gray.

But it's nice that the weather's cool. You get to sleep in a little longer and not wake up all sweaty and sticky. However there's the danger of getting sick. I just got well from an upper respiratory tract infection. Was stuck at home for four days with a lung-crushing cough, an inflamed throat, high fever and a clogged sinus. Ugh! It was soooooo bad. I don't recall being that sick since...well, chickenpox last year, hehe. But still, I felt really awful. I was nauseous and dizzy most of the time and I couldn't sleep at night. I finally decided to see a doc on the third day, when the fever let up and I was given antibiotics.

I'm down to my last four capsules and I'm all better. Just some sniffles left but I feel normal again. That was a really bad illness. I'm just glad it's over.

*******

Had dinner with the Uppers and Uppies twice in a week! First it was Chomis birthday, and then Oly treated us to a despedida dinner. She's leaving next month in time for school. It was cool to be with the kids again...who are no longer kids, by the way. But it's funny how we're all coming together at this time: just when CLL decided to put up a website about them, when QTV was asking for an interview, when I've been rediscovering articles and websites about them. How cosmic.

******

Andrei and Nikko had their birthdays this month, and they're both 30! Wooohoooo! The big 3-0! Congrats you two!

******

My in-laws are still enjoying themselves abroad, and my husband is missing them. Tang has written a couple of times, and from the sound of it they seem to be enjoying their moments of exploration and discovery and wandering. I think he's set up a blog too! How cool is that?

******

I must get myself into bed. The holiday's over (Today was Ninoy Aquino's 23rd death anniversary. Arguably the most heroic Pinoy who ever lived, IMHO) and new week starts to grind tomorrow. Phew. At least it will be the weekend again in a few days. heehee.

No comments: