Sunday, February 18

A year ago today, everything was just as perfect

We were busy getting the last of the props ready for the wedding. We were in the hotel in Tagaytay then, and everyone was a bit antsy, a bit on edge, a bit nervous about the that day's event.

One year ago, I married the most brilliant human being I have ever met. And here I am, thinking, one year na pala yun. One year na pala since Benc and I took the plunge. It seemed like just a few months ago. I guess time flies when you're having fun.

Some things about the day are still so vivid, others I recall vaguely, still others I don't even remember, unless someone recounts the minute details of that bright and perfect 18th day of February, 12 months ago.

I still feel like a newly-wed, to tell you the truth. I guess I finally know what the "honeymoon stage" really is. Everyone I know says it's not going to last, and that things will even-out soon. Well, I'm not too sure about that. Check back with me in 12 months.

I'll probably still be saying the same darn thing.

5 comments:

chuching said...

hi data! thanks for that very steamy comment you made on my blog. actually, i was just thinking about you feb18 brides. naunahan mo ko! happy anniversary to you and benc! don't worry, the honeymoon stage will never last. it's been two years for us and i feel that we're still there. here's to lifetime of marital bliss for all of us feb brides!

Anonymous said...

data,

thank you for the greet... happy anniversary to you and benc. di ako late hah kaka-18 pa lang dito, so i'm just starting my day... hehe!

here's to more years of happiness together!...cheers!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary Sis! Cheers!

Please follow this link to download full size version, and view the ones I made for the other Feb 18 brides.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lakwatsera/tags/scraps/

Mik said...

Data, alam mo, I still pretty much feel like a newlywed myself...

I read this post and thought... yikes, eh parang three months ago lang kinasal si Data LOL

Happy Anniversary to you and BenC!

Anonymous said...

happy anniversary! (kahit late) promise naalala ko nung Feb 17, pero i forgot to text you. :D

-- rej