Saturday, September 1

Changes

Most of it came within a breath of each other last week, and I am still reeling from implications they bring.

One of the biggest steps for me was to decide that it should come. After five years, I guess it was time to move on. I'm anxious about the new environment, the people I will meet and the work expected of me. But I guess that's normal for anyone taking on something new. But sometimes I wonder: maybe I'm getting old and change becomes less and less attractive.

Then there's the Hubby: Oz has called! Specifically the Carnegie Mellon University in Adelaide. If all goes well he will leave for the Land Down Under in January next year. Of course I'm going with him, but only after my contract ends. That's two months after. Ugh! Will I survive?

This particular development will be the basis for our next decisions: what do we do with our stuff? What do we sell? What do we keep? Where do we put them while we're away? Will we come back?

*Sigh* That's why I'm glad I woke up early today. To have breakfast. Alone. And to let my mind breathe before I make another sprint. These developments have zapped my energy but then I just keep telling myself "Change is nature." Wise words from a mouse.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

excuse me, but whoa.
1. new job
2. moving to australia?

i somehow feel that my reading about these things on your blog understates these changes' implications. ym chat please!