this is my muesli bowl and i get to dictate what goes in it. and right now, i dictate that only the good stuff goes in here.
the stress and negativity of the past two weeks will find no place here. in an attempt to slowly get over the energy-zapping, brain melting events that transpired, i will only mention them here in passing and store them away; to be retrieved only as a lesson learned for future reference: some good things are so easily forgotten.
After this sentence is punctuated, that thread of thought will end and so will its documentation.
===================
Ah! so many milestones in the past few weeks! I forget to put my favorite heading in the title. It feels good to know I can finally close the book on most tasks that need booking--just a few small ones left!
1. Make up - we finally decided on Angie Cruz! One of my best friends also referred another HMUA, and she was good, but I was still making ANgie my point of comparison. So that should say something right? Plus I got a lot of compliments for her make-up. She agreed to do another trial to try out my suggestions sometime next month.
2. Flowers - couldn't let go of the Yu sisters. :) They're doing my ento lang because their church cost was way out of budget. They had the right idea for my flowers, plus they agreed to throw in some tulips for the bridal bouquet at no extra cost!
3. Quartet - finally heard the Manila String Quartet play and we were glad we got them. They're a bunch of prodigius musicians from the UP College of Music, classmates of my musician-sister. Exquisite music for church and reception, great price! hehe
4. Barongs - my tita who lives in Iloilo and travels frequently to Aklan and Antique is sourcing good tela for us. We were able to get one for Benc's dad already. The hunt for Benc's is quite tough though, but I'm glad someone's helping us out there.
5. Favors - Marikit and Jan Imperio agreed to pot the rosemary for us for a minimal fee (mental note: email Marikit) and we'll have to do is decorate the pots. Yipeee!
And the best milestone of all: First real fitting of my gown yesterday!
ooOOOOooohhh...it was beautiful! Except for a few adjustments, especially in the critical boob and butt areas (ugh. a family curse, i swear), the gown was gorgeous! i was sooooo happy with the outcome. My Maid-of-honor sister on the other hand, needed no adjustments at all! Galeng talaga ni Lya. My mom liked her dress too...very elegant. I'm so happy I followed my heart. I think, when you do, everything else falls into place.
I can't wait to get married, if only to wear the dress! hahaha. What a winner!
==============
In other news: I'm taking certificate classes at the Angelo King Center for the next 6 Saturdays. I like taking these professional and continuing education classes. They're so interesting, and practical! So like you Rhona, I am revelling in the uploading of new information. Feels good. I always liked learning. Learning anything. Gives you a sense of empowerment, and that you're doing something worthwhile with your time.
I have to take care of my LOA pala at CMC. Another mental note.
Will get to your tag soon Rhona. :)
=============
Congratulations rin to my sis-in-Lya, Pia Unson-Rivera. They got married yesterday, and I was glad to be a part of the hundreds who prayed for fair weather. Lya said Pia looked stunning. I'm sure she was. Pia was in good hands from the beginning.
Mik is next. Good luck sis! May you be blessed with sunny weather on your wedding day and every day for the rest of your life together. :)
============
2 comments:
That's the spirit! A positive outlook in life will feel so much better.
Dami mo accomplishments ah! Feels good no. Ako rin got the Yu sisters. I really love their work :)
thanks sis-in-lya! i'll post pictures soon... lya's a real magician i tell you. hehehe.
Post a Comment