I don't like repeating myself. I don't want to have to constantly remind someone about a particular task s/he has to do. Because in my opinion, if that person saw that it was important to me (and more often than not, I explain how important it is to me) and if I was indeed important to that person, then s/he would have done it without me having to repeat myself.
I find it difficult to keep reminding sometimes. Especially when it;s a personal task or activity for me. A business task is ok. I understand that. But when it's personal, I honestly feel offended if I have to keep reminding someone to do something for me. I feel offended, and I feel offended for the person being asked. I don't know why. Call that extreme. I don't care. I just don't like repeating myself.
Later on the repetition gives way to disappointment. So I end up doing things myself. And I end up thinking I am not that important to other people if I constantly have to repeat these personal requests. My requests are therefore not important. I am not important. And I am the least of their priorities, no matter how much they assure me otherwise.
This sucks.
2 comments:
And if it's a certain male that is requiring follow up and reminders -- well, pasenya na lang talaga. Tumatanda na kasi e.
ay naku, given na ito. napag-usapan na ito. sometimes it still surprises me how upset i get. especially with family members sometimes. sigh.
Post a Comment