Thursday, November 8

Home alone

I have to learn to get used to this. I'll be coming home to an empty house for about a couple of months, after Benc leaves in early January. I told him, the only thing I fear most is the loneliness. I have a tendency to block it and deal with it on a cognitive level. And when that happens, it becomes dangerous...especially for my wallet. I use retail therapy, which can be very expensive.

For me to get my special spouse visa -- the one that will allow me to work in Oz -- Benc will have to officially start his course at CMU. He needs a certification that he is indeed attending uni, and only then can he apply for me to follow him to Adelaide. Then I file my requirements from here. Processing time will probably last a month. That means, I should be able to fly out in early March.

While waiting for all of that to fall into place, I will have to take care of selling all our stuff and close all contracts and leases, etc. Phew! This in addition to work in Cavite, and my MA thesis.

Well I suppose that will be enough for me to set my loneliness aside. I'll have something to keep me busy.

Just keep truckin.

2 comments:

Mik said...

Hi Data,

Glad you worked that visa thing out! Maybe we can catch up next year when Daz and I fly to Melbourne to watch Wicked :)

Unknown said...

wicked in Melbourne? We shld watch!