I'm totally energized and motivated again, after a long, long time.
I just finished producing a video for the site, one that's meant to sum up our wins for 2007, and set the direction for 2008. I think I did a pretty good job in conceptualizing, researching and putting it all together (to think I only really learned to edit online a few months ago).
I was risking this. The video was for a major site management event, and I was using FCE -- which no one here has used yet. So I was pretty much on my own in figuring out how I was going to export this and get it to work.
By the time I finished and successfully exported it to a viewable format for the office's systems, I was totally beat, but happy. You know the kind of "happy" you feel when you're part of an initiative you believe in and you throw yourself into the task completely, and then do an exceptional job despite all the odds? It's the kind of "happy" that flows through your spirit and fires you up you feel like spontaneously combusting?
I'm that kind of happy today. It's the happy I've been searching for, longing to feel again since I lost it when 5 and Up was cancelled.
It's the happy that lets you see beyond what you think you're capable of and allows you to reach for something farther, higher.
It's the happy that comes from working on something you believe in, and knowing what you do matters. It makes you love what you're doing. And that love propels you on to something greater.
Like loving yourself and believing in yourself again. I think that's one of the best things to be happy about.
1 comment:
congrats! sarap ng feeling of an achievement that is recognized :)
Post a Comment