I had been dreaming of this day for so long!
I made the downpayment. I wrote out a check and signed it and gave it to my would-be landlord. I was in good spirits. WHat a leap for me, what a "for me naman" thing to do. That's one goal achieved, and I was feeling really good.
When I told my mom about it, she didn't seem too excited, and that made me feel a little sad. I know she'd rather have us all together than apart, but I thought we had already talked about how I needed to make this move. It made me feel bad that she didn't share in my enthusiasm and in the possibilities it posed.
Then I found out why later that night: not all was well with us on the financial front. She was having sleepless nights for the past weeks because it seemed like the office where she is working now is not doing well, is not paying the employees what was promised, and the boss--is nowhere to be found. It looks like we're in for tough times all over again, and I am in the middle of it. And my poor mom does not know what else to do. She does not want to stop me from doing what I want, I know, but she has no one else to turn to.
And thus has life taken another unexpected turn.
And all this happened in just a day.
1 comment:
this blog seem to have ended on a sad note, but i'm really proud of you for taking that big step. :) so very proud.
Post a Comment