Three weeks now and still no church! I'm not sure if I should be worried or if I'm worrying over nothing.
First, cost. I feel a chill everytime I reach for those info leaflets at parish offices, then subsequently choke when I see the prices for reservations. The worst so far is P20k for church rental alone. CHURCH RENTAL ALONE! Isn't that absurd? The cheapest? P10k. My friend Yassie said what you usually pay for is the aircon. But if I'm getting married in February, the air should still be cooler then, right?
*Sigh* Fortunately or Unfortunately, the 20K church is the nicest one we've seen so far. It's number one on our list. I won't say which one it is yet. I'm hoping, on this our last scouting day, my luck will change.
So, no church yet, hence, no firm date or reception venue as well. I joined this forum for to-be-wed couples and it's an open, no-holds-barred discussion of suppliers and venues and cost. Good thing they've organized this thing na. I really highly recommend www.weddingsatwork.com. It's a wonderful site where you get all sorts of info--from ceremony venues down to the legal stuff.
Reception is another matter altogether. phew! What do i do first--draw up a guest list or reserve the place? Geez...
Hah! back to work. I just needed to get the panic off my chest.
No comments:
Post a Comment