It's weird that I'm here today. As if I had nothing better to do. But there are important things to do...like clean up my desk and file away last year's paperwork. Bubba and I have also been going around the Ortigas-Mandaluyong area looking for a suitable place to call his home. And mine too, soon.
I can't believe how sneaky and malicious some brokers can be. They publish their condo rates at, say, 15k, and we call only to find out it doesn't include dues and parking. Or sometimes they'll tell us it's a 56 square-meter two-story, two-bedroom unit with a view. When we visit it, it's actually: 28 square meters upstairs and sownstairs put together. And the rooms are tiny, and your view is the neighbor's rooftop.
*sigh* House hunting would be more fun and easier if people were jsut honest.
=====================
Still haven't found a place for the reception yet. I thought I did, though yesterday. The Westin Plhilippine Plaza has this sunset pavillion: an airconditioned that's in the middle of a garden facing the sea. Howeve, the place's rental fee is 45k. Not inclusive of the food yet. Or additional costs (service charge, etc.). The buffet menu's prices are diabolical as well: 208k for the first 150 persons. PHEW! I hope the brides who have their wedding there do have a beautiful one, because they deserve it, with what they're paying!
I still want a garden reception as much as possible and I'm going to exhaust all possibilities. I hope the Fates work with me. And my budget cooperates.
=====================
Almost had a bad day yesterday. The Bank called, saying the check for the car came in. But Mama was supposed to have taken care of that. And so she said she'd "fix" it. Well, she kind of did, for the meantime. But it's not really fixed. The only way to really fix things is to give it up.
No comments:
Post a Comment