I get so pissed off lately that there are moments when my brain turns violent and images of myself laughing hysterically and triumphantly while brandishing scalped clumps of, er, scalp and hair. There are also times when I see myself purposely stepping in between elevator doors so that I can get caught in them and squeeze myself to death. Unfortunately the elevators in this office are too smart: they don't close as long as they sense a blockage between doors.
I am turned into bridezilla and simultaneously succumbed to a meltdown before lunch today. This, after a successful appointment at city hall and a satisfactory wedding cake prototype yesterday.
Okay, answer me this:
1. How am I supposed to react when a supplier whom I have been dutifully reminding to cash our dp check texts me late at night to all of a sudden ask for a full payment by tomorrow?! This, when all year, they were reassuring me everything is fine and will be taken care of and there's no need to worry and in fact our payment came so early and we can make the balance payment on the wedding day. We actually gave the downpayment ten months ago. They forget to cash the check and when the partner follows up the balance, the liaison texts me just so that it can be truthfully said that I have been reminded. But in fact the dp check is stale and they all of a sudden want the full amount! And now this liaison puts us in a bind! Tell me, wouldn't you want some skinning to happen?!
2. How am I suppsed to react when I am told I was WRONG in mailing the invitations to my sponsors...sponsors whom we are very close to anyway and in fact confirm everything by text and email, sponsors who are so busy sometimes they hardly even have time to answer text messages. People who are difficult to schedule meetings with, let alone leisurely lunches. Just like us? People whom we agreed to meet with naman prior to the wedding. Tell me, don't you wish your head was caught in an elevator?
Well, maybe not. But sometimes I wish it was, just so there was some physical manifestation of the pain and that if I can cure that manifestation, somehow I'd be convinced that I was curing my mental and emotional pain as well.
Oh bummer. All right. Call it an excuse. Whatever. I'm just so sick of trying to please everyone and I end up hurting myself instead.
I wish I was swimming in Boracay right now.
1 comment:
kabuwiset ya'ng sa supplier demanding full payment, ha. kung ako yan, sisigawan ko yan - and that's the nicest thing i'd do to them. they should be blacklisted or something.
uy, sulat mo yung lessons leared mo ha. para pag kami naman. :P
-- rej
Post a Comment