Wednesday, September 20

Rainy evenings

Every evening for the past three weeks, it's been raining. It will be hot all day then between 6 to 8 in the evening, the rains fall. As in rain rain. Rain that erases the horizon, rain that makes bangketas disappear. It cools the evening, and gets the crickets rowdy, singing their own versions of karaoke.

There' s so much that happened today alone: the public memorial for the Crocodile Hunter, the coup in Thailand, Benc getting a Mac, long meetings on the future of the company. Phew! It's enough to make anyone dizzy. And there's nothing you can do but flow. And I flowed. Egad, I shed a tear when Bindi Sue read her eulogy for her father. It was bittersweet.

I started going to the gym. Again. The condo where we live has one--and a nice one too, all for P500.00 a month! I get to use the treadmill and nautilus machines, etc. Too bad they don't have 3 and 5 lb free weights. That's the only thing they lack.

So I get up everyday (well, almost everyday) at or 6.30 in the morning and hit the machines. Did only cardio for two weeks and now I am incorporating some weight training. This is in addition to our weekly badminton training sessions. I think it's good preparation too for when we start joining tournaments! Hehehe.

Hmmm, that's about it for now. I just felt I had to start reconnecting with the rest of the cyber world again. I've been pretty much a lurker for the past 7 months. :-) But I'm making it a point to write something at least once a week. Hopefully, I keep that up.

How is everyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Data. Just droppin' by to leave a note. Miss our "correspondence". Have a happy married life. I loved reading your post earlier on your reflection as married. Take Care always!