Saturday, October 27

Thank goodness for the weekend

It's been unbelievably hectic this past week. The senior team left Margie and I in charge of the department for 5 days. It was a little bit nerve-wracking. There was a major executive presentation happening that week and there was a bit of pressure on us to make sure it ran smoothly. The presentation prior to this one was not as satisfactory and some of the executives were naturally nervous about two newbies handling it.

But it came out okay. It was pretty smooth and painless. Margie and I heaved a sigh of relief afterwards. It was unspoken but I think our anxieties about that hour-and-a-half event were eating us up all week.

On top of that we encountered some issues in other areas of work, particularly recalled write-ups, requests for reshoots (this, after I had assembled the episode, haha!), and my VPN problems. But I guess we weathered them. And now the weariness has set in. I blame myself for forgetting to breathe regularly, haha.

Thank goodness for the weekend. At least I can concentrate on other things. I can concentrate on Benc and the things we miss doing together. Most of all I don't have to endure the early-morning travel. I've noticed my back and shoulder muscles have become stiff, and they hurt. I'm not sure if it's the travel or the weight of the laptop (I have to walk quite a way when I get off the shuttle). I have noticed my left leg and knee have started hurting. I suspect it's because of the awkward position of my leg on the bus. I'm cursed, I think, to have legs like Ikabod Crane's. :-(

But I'll forget all that for now. The weekend is here -- and a long one at that. I plan on making the most of every moment. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Focus on doing a good job and not on the fears. Law of attraction :) mwah!