It's one of those days. I find myself staring blankly at the screen. Then I sweep my desk with aimless glances. Meanwhile my head's reeling from all the tasks I know I should be doing.
Somehow I just can't bring myself to get started, preferring instead to think about how I should accomplish the work. It's like the world's in slo mo. Before I know it it's almost 11 am! And I'm nowhere near to getting my work started. Just lots of deep sighs fill my area. More like deep breaths of exhaustion -- and I haven't even done anything!
What I'd really like to do now is ride on a swing. I'm an excellent swinger! I don't even need anyone pushing for me. I can swing really high and float down beautifully and swing high up again, all in one soft, fluid motion. Even those who watch feel the excitement! I can even straighten my whole body out and let my hair brush the ground without hitting my head!
I'm afraid of heights, but I'm never afraid of swinging so high. I don't know why. It's the funnest thing for me, and I'm never scared. I love swinging. It feels like flying. And floating. And swimming. Sometimes I feel like the sky. You leave the ground and you leave everything behind.
Swing on a friday. I mean, ride a swing on Friday. Swinging Friday. Swing, Swim, Fly Friday. And I can be the sky on Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment