I have several to-do lists that never seem to get done. They’re always in the back of my mind, especially those I’ve actually written down. They’ve come a step further than mental otes but have never progressed beyond documented tasks that continue to haunt me.
They’re quadrant 2 and 3 stuff. These are things I know will make me feel better somehow, give me some direction and serenity in the present. Hopefully it’ll carry on into the future. But for some reason, I am always short of time. It’s as if the day has never enough hours for me to do these things, and before I know it, the week’s over.
It gets really frustrating because I have all this clutter. Stuff I need to fix—physical as well as mental/emotional/spiritual things that can help me see a little bit clearly. They’re all hanging in the air. I don’t know where to begin even. The list just keeps growing, because even though I don’t want to put them on hold any longer, I find myself having to.
So many things take precedence over the things that need to be done for yourself—this is what I am realizing as I grow older. More and more, you slowly no longer belong to yourself. You belong to other people, to other forces maybe and it’s a daily struggle to return to you. I guess if you’re not careful, you find yourself losing touch little by little until you are completely lost.
I want to avoid that. With that said, some sacrifices have to be made. Hopefully they won’t have to be sacrificed for long, and everything will eventually fall into place. A little at a time. So I won’t get lost without noticing the fact.
No comments:
Post a Comment