I love taking pictures. There's something about freezing a moment in time and being allowed to keep it forever that draws me to this hobby. I'm still a romantic I think, preferring the hard copy photos still to the digital ones. Digital photos are still basically just in the air. They're not concrete. They're not yours. With photos, you can literally and figuratively hold on to them. There's a sense of certainty to it. It's like you have proof you were there, that it happened, and you just can't delete it from some memory just because you don't like it.
That's why I don't really mind going through the process of digging through boxes of photos and scanning them and uploading them. But yeah, with a blog maybe I should think about getting a digital camera--only for the convenience mind you.
My camera is Nikon FM10. Her name is Talulah. But she's sick now. A case of stuck shutter complex. I have to make time to get her fixed.
Another passion is pedicures. And foot spas. And good food in the midst of a flowering garden. No roses please--they're so overrated!
I love sunny days. I like it when it rains gently and the pavements turn silver. I love the beach--leave me there, and I'll forget the rest of the world. I love sending and receiving hand-written letters. I love paper. I love color. I love it when I discover something new about myself.
I'm passionate about people too. I like helping them, learning about them. Everybody has a story to tell, I believe. And each one is different and equally interesting. I like listening to them tell their stories. It makes you soul search, actually, and that's how you learn something new about yourself. And that's really priceless.
Then there's my passion for Bubba. :)
2 comments:
is bubba the bear? =)
hallo!
Bubba Jr. is the bear. :)
Post a Comment