Sometimes I feel like I settled for a pair of shoes because they were the practical choice, not because they were the ones I wanted. Badly.
Earlier today I visited the dream interpretation website. I use it constantly to help me analyze my dreams and see what new images my subconscious is using to tell me to kick my butt into action. I was a bit saddened by the interpretation. In the past the interpretations seemed to have a voice of authority, a shoving and imperative tone, telling me I should do this, I should do that. Now!
But today, the voice sounded...resigned. As if trying to say, you missed it. You missed the train. I told you so. Now you're not on it and you don't know when the next one will come. Then there's the seemingly audible shrug of the shoulders. "I told you to do something about it then, and you didn't, and this is what you get."
It felt as if there was nothing left to do.
But there is, right? All of a sudden I was asking the bathroom mirror if I should go on believing these interpretations, which led to the question, should I continue listening to my dreams? I'm confused again. Just when I thought I was going to do ok, my mind tells me I'm not.
So did I reach for the hideous boys' loafers instead of the delicate felt kung-fu shoes I've been dying to own?
No comments:
Post a Comment