Wednesday, June 22

A Lya Morning

It was so exciting! I got my main entourage together: my best friend Nikko and my sister Denise (MOHs), my two other sisters Thea and Monique and my cousin Bea (BMs) and we trooped to Lya's studio. The day's activity: designing gowns.

We were there on time and Lya came in a few minutes later. She took out my file and showed me the chiffon she was able to source. They were exquisite! They looked like pastel-colored clouds. We swooned and commented that we never saw this kind of quality of chiffon among all the other designers we spoke with. I was excited already.

The first ones she spoke with were my maids of honor. They were asked to pick three colors and describe what kind of style they wanted for their ankle-length dresses. Denise, being the fashion diva that she was, had a field day designing and mix-matching colors. Nikko was excited because it was the first time someone designing for her, and she could control the way the dress "fell". Thea and Monique chose 60s-style cuts with the same tri-color combinations. Bea was the most serious of all. At 9 years old she was really discussing with Lya the kinds of combinations possible for purple and the way her neckline would look. Lya kept looking over at me amusedly and indulged Bea's suggestions. "Sige Bea, you decide. I will just assist you," Lya said.

Then our measurements were taken. I was the last one who was measured because I kept looking over the entourage designs. They looked fantanstic! I thought: hmmmm I'd like to be a bridesmaid at this wedding. Wait a minute---it's MY wedding!(insert guffawing smiley here)

I can't wait to see what the dresses will look like. Lya said she'd call us when the dresses are ready to be fitted. According to Pia, once you fit them, you could ractically walk out the studio in them because the fit is perfect :) My lining will be ready by then too, and Lya says she wants to perfect that even before she cuts the lace. OOOoooohhh! I'm sooo excited!

Here's my dress, or rather, the inspiration for my dress. Actually that's the whole look I'm aiming for. Dress, make-up, hair, atmosphere. I think it's only right I attribute this to Melissa Sweet.

Work gets in the way of preps, hehe, that's why I was only able to post this update today. I'll post photos also as soon as I get them developed. :)

I love wedding preps days like these.

2 comments:

Marj and Carlos said...

Wow Data! Sounds you had an exciting day. Can't wait for my turn!

gra said...

wow. ang saya naman.. sana abay mo din ako.. hehehehe..kakainggit. im happy that your preps are going very well..

i miss the preps din.

but i'll miss you more, syempre.