Saturday, November 26

The Old Art Student

Neil Buchanan just finished his art attack on a blank blue wall. He painted a gaggle (?) of flamingos with long easy strokes of pink, white and black. They were majestic looking things, at least two heads taller than he was. And I'm thinking, how the hell does he do it? First it's flamingos and now he's doing loops and squiggles to make a frame for photos. How ingenious! I wish I could do stuff like that. How wonderful to be able to work with all that paint and color and paper and pens and glue! And to come up with all that stuff! SO effortlessly at that.

I don't think I need to learn to do the fine art stuff---I want to do the everyday stuff, the way he does, where things you didn't think could be artsy can actually be transformed into something grand! Like this: he just painted onto a coffee-stained dish cloth to make it look like an old-fashioned masterpiece. I like that. Everyday things cen become awesome works of art. Plus they're really easy to do and relate to! Art for the masses, ja?

He should put up a school to teach people his craft. I'd be one of the first to sign up! I want to do me own art attack and try it meself!

No comments: