Thursday, November 10

Post post

I realized you will always be able to count on your mom.

I take after her in terms of being high-strung and obsessive-compulsive about details...which sometimes turn out to be of no real consequence. My being a worrier is also a trait I inherited from her. And these are the reasons she decided, at the beginning of wedding preps, to disassociate herself from the nitty-gritties. We both decided unanimously that, because we were alike in these aspects, we'd probably blow the roof off our house arguing.

Once the preps were underway, I would consult her about a thing or two, especially regarding protocols and all that jazz; asked some opinions on color and style for the dresses. But besides that, she and I decided she should not involve herself in some decision-making points like, the menu, the color schemes, what the invites should look like. Anyway, I thought, I didn't want to stress her out. And besides, I had a group of volunteer organizers whom I trusted. Plus my suppliers seem easy to talk to.

But when shit hit the fan, and I suddely realized some of the people I counted on could not deliver the way I expected them too, she magically appeared, with everything these organizers were supposed to accomplish, neatly done. And I was so happy, deep inside to know that, all this time she was keeping an eye and an ear out for me. But then I guess that's what mothers really do. It's instinct.

So now I go to her more that I do other people, which was what I should have done from the beginning. How could I have doubted the things she could do for me, and how well she could keep her cool amidst everything.

Looking back, I realized, I did consult her anyway about all the things that mattered: whom to invite, which stylist I should get, which MUA, which church, venue, and even which favor should be given away. I even showed her the invite's final design--and the revisions were according to her comments.

Haha. Amazing how sometimes we do things without thinking. It's easier that way. ANd going to mom for help was the easiest and most non-thinkingest thing to do! :)

1 comment:

Pia said...

hey data! i couldn't agree with you more! now that i have a mom-in-law, i appreciate my mom even more! LOL. they're really our best problem solvers, even if we have countless arguments with them!