It's amazing how much can get done as long as you have focus. My list has since shrunk to two important items:
-write my vows
-get a manicure and pedicure
Of course, it's always a matter of priority. Which one should I accomplish first?
I can't believe I'm finally here. After more than a year of planning and stress and frustration and triumph, we're a day away. The ladybugs on my blog are all but snogging each other on my countdown vine, my suitcase with my trosseau is packed, and so are my "personal effects".
It still feels surreal. And quite tiring. There was a point in the last two days when I just wanted to go into hiding. I couldn't believe that possibly the most stressful part of this whole event was the writing of the missalette. We followed the standard stuff but didn't realize the priest needed to see it, correct it, etc. What was more troublesome for us were the readings being suggested. Our psyches and good sense just couldn't take the writings that promoted submission theology. See? They even have a phrase for it. Go look it up.
It was the most difficult thing to swallow. Benc and I threw fits--at each other and at everything else. We quarreled and ranted and I had been crying since Tuesday. But finally today, we found the readings that suited us. Readings that put us at peace, and so the misallete was done.
But that's the past now. What matters is always this moment, and at this moment, I am alive with the anticipation and sparkling happiness of tomorrow. Best friend Nikko was right: by today I would feel excited again. And I am. I am looking forward to travelling long roads with him, see and meet people and write those stories together. I look forward to baking my first cake, making it through my first driving lesson with him. Everything life has to offer I want to experience with him and live every moment in complete contentment and joy with him.
It's a love without opposite. Because it comes from within, and it has been waiting to spend forever and after with him.
No comments:
Post a Comment