There's a buzzing noise in my head. I think my mind is finally telling me to face the fact that I've exactly nine days to go. NINE FREAKIN' DAYS! (deep breath).
With nine days to go, there are a lot of tiny stuff that have to be fixed, and I try my best not to let these annoyances get the better of me. Stuff like:
- My brother can't get his barong yet
- My mom and sisters don't have shoes yet
- I don't have shoes yet
- Buy a garter (gracita, were you able to buy yours?)
- Buy earrings and corresponding jewelry
- prepare dp for the caterer and sign the contract
- make the seating diagram and seat listing
- make the place cards
- finalize misallette, print, photocopy and assemble
- create cover for misallette
- create name tags for the entourage on the wedding day
- write my vows
- get a manicure and pedicure
- get a dental prophylaxis
- wrap the ss gifts
- buy TY gifts for the ento and wrap them
- buy film for Ulan
- buy film for the polaroid
- prepare the payment envelopes
- pack for the two nights we'll be there
- create pass for the sponsors' cars to park in the garden compound
- prepare balance for the rosemary
Delegate, delegate, delegate. I know. But just listing them down was calming. At least this blog acts as a penseive, hehe. I wonder how my co-Feb brides are doing?
====
We had dinner the other night at Kitchen in Greenbelt and it was one of the most fun dinners I've had in a long time. We were all there: Gracita, Angie, Nette, Gloria, Layah and myself, and Gracita's friend, Reg. It was great to see them all in person, and when we started talking it was like we were all old friends. Gracita was right: the chats and blog-hopping does give each one an insight into the others' lives and when we all come together, we all know each other as if we had met ages ago.
The blogs are especially helpful because the problems, issues and situations are all spelled out, and all of us contribute to the resolutions. Even just words of encouragement and bits of advice to wonders to feed the friendship. It's a wonderful dimension in human communication and relationships. I'm glad I found these wonderful human beings and got to know them.
These ladies are real girl friends! I hope our bonds last despite the oceans and time differences between us. One charming realization I had that night was, we'd all be celebrating our wedding anniversaries on the same day. It may not mean much to many people, but I found it to be another link among us that will last, in all the years to come!
Go girlfriends! Let's get the party started! :) Hahahahah!
No comments:
Post a Comment