Friday, February 10

A week and a day away

I never thought I'd get to this point. For the past three weeks, it felt as though I was anticipating someone else's wedding. It seems surreal, during still moments when I realize, the one getting married is me!

A week and a day away to a new beginning. If I didn't know any better I'd be terrified and feel as if I was heading off to an execution. But as I listen to my sister's music collection for the reception dinner, I suddenly have visions of myself rocking in my chair to the sound of the songs and the yumminess of the food, having lively conversations with friends under a starry evening sky. It's good. It feels good to know that something like that can happen.

I feel excited more than stressed all of a sudden. Everything will fall into place. That was how we started, and I know that's how it's going to be a week and a day from now. The beginning of the rest of our lives. Together. :)
===================

Reality Check! Surprisingly got some stuff done the same day I posted this:

- My brother can't get his barong yet

- My mom and sisters don't have shoes yet
- I don't have shoes yet
- Buy a garter (gracita, were you able to buy yours?)
- Buy earrings and corresponding jewelry
- prepare dp for the caterer and sign the contract
- make the seating diagram and seat listing
- make the place cards
- finalize misallette, print, photocopy and assemble
- create cover for misallette
- create name tags for the entourage on the wedding day
- write my vows
- get a manicure and pedicure
- get a dental prophylaxis
- wrap the ss gifts
- buy TY gifts for the ento and wrap them
- buy film for Ulan
- buy film for the polaroid
- prepare the payment envelopes
- pack for the two nights we'll be there
- create pass for the sponsors' cars to park in the garden compound
- prepare balance for the rosemary

No comments: