Friday, October 13

I just need to rant

Woke up early to attend my weekly badminton training at Metro. Unfortunately I was alone and was at the mercy of my trainor because Benc begged off. So I was on my feet for the better part of an hour. Exhausted and hungry, I left, hoping to get a taxi quickly outside the courts, along Pioneer. I was expecting the LPG delivery people at 9am. We ran out of gas the night before.

I stood there for ten minutes, waving down taxi cabs as they passed. Roughly half of the cabs that passed me were occupied, and the other half, well, decided not to stop. And I couldn't understand why. Didn't they want the extra income? I was getting really put off then. So I decided to walk up the street thinking that maybe the curb was a blind spot.

So I walked, kept walking and waking. The empty cabs still wouldn't stop for me! I kept walking ang walking, through construction sites, busy intersections, rude jeepney drivers, incompetent tricycle drivers, more incompetent traffic aides til I got to San Antonio Village on the other side of Shaw Blvd. I was so pissed by this time. I was ready to stomp all the way home when lo and behold! There was an empty taxi approaching. I waved him down, he asked where I was going, then I got in. He said, "Mag-aalmusal pa sana muna ako ma'am," he said. I wanted to yell, "AKO RIN EH, GUSTO KO NA RING MAG-ALMUSAL!" But I just said, "malapit lang naman po eh."

He brought me home. I hurried up to our unit to find it empty--Benc had gone to his workshop early. I was hoping to catch him before he left. :-( Anyway, I had to wait for the LPG people as well. I prepared my and gorged on my breakfast while I waited, and waited, and waited. At 9.30 I decided to call. "Paalis pa lang po yung rider namin ma'am." EEEEAAARRGGGHHHHH! In my mind, I was yelling, "Alam niyo bang nilakad ko yung kahabaan ng Pioneer para lang maabutan kayo rito?!!" Instead I just said, "paki deliver niyo na lang ulit mamayang gabi kasi papasok na ako sa office. Siguraduhin po ninyo ha!"

And so I got ready to leave after a quick bath. Darn. And I got to work late. Sigh. Thank God it's Friday.

No comments: