
So far, I like the execution. There are retrospectives on past winners -- nicely done montages! They're even touching. Thank goodness the writers' strike was settled in time. This show would've sucked big time, and like Stewart said, it would be padded with useless montages about binoculars and bad dream sequences.
Cheers for TIlda Swinton for winning best supporting actress! This means I have to watch that Clooney movie. Marion Cotillard won best actress, and I guess this means La Vie en Rose will be on my viewing list as well. This is the first time I heard of it, actually.
Boo to the Bourne Ultimatum for getting all the sound editing awards. I think Transformers and Ratatouille deserved it. BU was hardly even a movie. To those planning to watch it still, I say: read the book instead!
At least Ratatouille got the best animated feature award. Yahooooooo! French mice rule, hahaha.John Stewart is doing a great job hosting the show. His comedy has substance but the delivery is tastefully tongue-in-cheek. I like that they're poking fun at the tradition by bringing in iPhones and watching Lawrence of Arabia on it, and they're playing a Wii tennis game on stage after the commercial break. It gives the show light, relatable moments and breaks the seriousness and formality.
Kainis lang that the sound on stage isn't consistent. Perhaps it sounds good in the theater but what gets broadcast isn't: The instruments drown the singers' vocals. The announcer's voice too. Someone should fix that.
Now, back to show. Jack Nicholson's on!
No comments:
Post a Comment