Saturday, December 27

Exquisite little clouds of sweetness

I used to imagine what it would be like to bite into a cloud. When I was little, I would watch the sky and fantasize that the big white puffs vapor were actually soft, sweet treats I could pop into my mouth for merienda.

Tonight I was able to do just that! I bit into a delicate dark chocolate mochi from Dezato and I melted. Friends of ours gave out these sweet treats at our Christmas party tonight, and suffice it to say, biting into these treats was like biting into a cloud. Imagine! Mochi! Who woulda thunk it?

Mochi are similar to the Chinese buchi, which we are more familiar with. But these mochi from Dezato are nothing at all like the ones you get all oily and sesame seed studded in Chowking. Far from it! These mochi make you feel like there's a ballet recital going on in your mouth!

These mochi are so delicate and exquisite, they last only 5 days. In fact, there are instructions on how to enjoy them. One of the most important items: do not touch the mochi unnecessarily. Once you touch it, you have to eat it!

I don't think that would be a problem.

As with all food adventures, this is one treat you have to try for yourselves, my friends. Words fail me, and few things bring me to this point. This is one of them. You can also check out this review if you need more convincing. There's a multiply site as well. And if you're in the Dona Hemady vicinity, you may want to pay them a visit. I assure you it'll be worth it!

No comments: