It's been a helluva day at the office. I never thought it could get this bad--to the point of me being blamed for the all the wrong things happening.
I know she didn't mean to be mad at me, but when you're the one interfacing and coordinating with all those involved in the project, you're naturally the first target. And you really can't do anything but stay calm in the face of their temper and frustration and admonitions.
Who wouldn't be frustrated? Imagine waiting for deliverables that are several months late, testing results over and over again that never get implemented, following rules you thought would get the results you wanted but which turned out to be useless.
If I were younger i'd probably be in a brawl by now. But i'm older now, and i have to act as the mediator. And I just can't flare up at them. What good will it do, after all?
But there are many other factors to consider. A lack of resources--personnel, and good ones at that--are difficult to come by. THe volume of work: the requests, the complaints, the changes sometimes get thrown at us all at once it becomes difficult to keep track of everything.
In this, i admit I am at fault. There are just so many things to juggle, and all of them top priority, you no longer know where to start. You try to bend the rules a little so they're satisfied, to get results, and they come back at you and complain why they weren't informed of those possibilities in the first place. And here you thought you were doing them a favor.
It's a sticky, mixed-up mess of issues and critical decisions, blockers and requests for immediate action. You try to find a winning solution to everything but sometimes it's just not humanly possible. In fact, your body tells you it no longer is human, what you're doing, but the circumstances prevent you from even listening to your own anatomical complaints.
It's been a helluva day at the office. It looks like it's going to be a helluva of week.
1 comment:
I had no idea you had such a complicated job. Even TV works seems easier in comparison. Hold on, strong woman!
Post a Comment