Feeling a bit woozy still from the previous night's activities,I make a firm decision to get some more exercise so I am fit for more of the previous night's activities. Maybe when I get a place of my own I'll get lucky and find a jr-Olympic sized pool nearby and not have to commute all the way to Ateneo. Sometimes that's what makes me lazy--the commute. Sometimes I wish I had a car--but I wouldn't want to drive it in this city of lunatic drivers. Sometimes I wish someone would drive me but I'd feel guilty for hassling someone just for me. Sometimes I wish Babba was with me, but he needs his sleep and he needs more time to recover from strenous activities like 2 am dinner parties. Especially dinner parties where those invited are people who haven't seen each other in years--they definitely need to stay up til 2 am to catch up on each others' lives.
This is a good Sunday morning too. Angelo dela Cruz, the captive of Iraqi insurgents, was released. And I was getting knots in my throat as the papers reported how the whole country was one in spirit in wishing for his release. I think it's important that this happened on a Sunday morning. The end of a week, the beginning of a new one. A better one, hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment