Thursday, May 19

Quest for the Perfect Wedding Gown Designer

Wedding preps are starting to get hectic. I'm starting to feel a leeeeeetle pressure.

I am in the process of looking for a designer/weding gown maker/entourage dress maker. I never thought the process would be this tough. Lookig for someone who will fit into your budget but still come up with your dream gown is an odyssey in itself.

So far, Lya Armovit and Nicky Martinez of Galatea look promising. I'm still trying to haggle down, but the packages they have are pretty much in the same price range. My tita suggested another approach: have my gown done by a designer, that of the entos' by someone cheaper. This is a good idea, in that the price of the dresses won't be too expensive (when you break it down, even when packaged, individual dresses cost as much as 3k!). However, the downside to that is this: I wanted a designer because I wanted all the work delegated to him/her. I won't have the time to attend to those things anymore (besides, I'm not that well-versedwith beading and cloth. All I know is how I want it to look and behave). If I got a plain vanilla mananahi, I'd have to do the thinking.

Thing is, I don't want to think anymore.

I just inquired with Michi Calica. Her prices are pretty steep. But I gave it a try anyway. Hopefully she'll consider me and my budget. Oh my poor budget. *sigh*

Thank goodness for friends in the w@wie list of Feb brides! They've all been super supportive. Grace, Glo, Nette, Angie, Alynn, Jonie and everyone else always have advice to share. Networks are important and moral support is priceless.

On Saturday Grace and I may meet up at Tet Hagape's, yet another gown maker. Then maybe later on in the afternoon I may pay Mila de Leon a visit. Phew! My weekends are getting shorter.

So there. That's all I have for updates. Still no florist. Maybe if I have time on Saturday, I'll think of droping by Flowers of May.

May the force be with me.

No comments: