Monday, May 30

Rainy Weekend

The rainy season's started. It's been pouring buckets during the afternoons, on til the early evening. I kind of welcome it...it's a respite from the stifling heat of summer. Thank goodness I can sleep straight on til morning now, without waking up at night all sweaty and sticky. Eeeew!

The rains this Saturday were strong in Tagaytay. We made a day trip to get some papers from the church (oooooh, I'm just so in love with my little chapel!), check out Evercrest Hotel (nice!) and then drop by Tita Marina's to iron out details of the menu. Our usual 15-minute drives from venue to venue turned into 30 minute crawls because of the rains and the Santacruzans happening. It was weird because there would be parts when the rain poured like hell and parts where it was totally dry, and the processions wound quietly around the ridge.

There was a downpour when we got to Tita Marina's. She greeted us warmly and introduced us to another couple who were venue hunting. Rollie and Marison were married in Hawaii two years ago, just the two of them, on a beach in Maui. This year they wanted a renewal of vows which their families and friends could attend. They chose the chapel in Caleruega, and were considering Tita Marina.

We all had lunch there, and once again, Tita Marina was a knockout cook: bagoong rice, oriental salad with catfish flakes, liempo, bihon and shiitake mushrooms, steamed lapu-lapu, crab omelette, chicken pandan, a fabulously rich leche flan, and her fantastic puto bumbong. Bubba and I didn't want to leave! Yummy...and we decided we wanted these dishes at the wedding.

As we talked about details of the set up I was excited all over again. I was losing enthusiasm because everything seemed to be so up in the air, and it felt like I wasn't getting anything done. At one point it felt like I was the only one thinking and acting on things...but I was wrong. I guess I'm just extremely OC. I have to remember to relax. And send Bubba the MS Project file.

It was a fruitful though wet and tiring trip. I have to schedule another trip back, this time with the Divas, who were requesting we spend a night at one of the places we were considering for billeting. Nikko, Joy, Bubba and I a had a nightcap in Makati and they were excited to be part of the preparations...which I appreciate so much! We're going to make this a real family affair, where everyone plays a part in making the day a really special one!

No comments: