Wednesday, May 11

A Smile for my Birthday

or, this post can alternately be titled: MILESTONE!

My braces came off! :D look at that big toothy smile. haha! My mouth feels so light. Actually, it feels like I'm bungi!

It's just the upper part this week. Next week I'll be in retainers, and the lower part will come off then. WOW! It feels so different. I can run my tongue over my teeth without getting it snagged and swollen. And the most wonderful thing: I won't have to worry so much about food getting stuck in between the brackets.

I feel like a new person. Well, I felt like a prisoner when I first got them some 3-odd years ago. Now that they're coming off, it's like I'm shedding old skin. Like a snake shedding...no. That's gross. Hmmm, more like a butterfly emerging from its cocoon. Naks. That's more like it.

I'll be able to *kiss* better now, hehe. And my smile will go all the way around my head. It's good to be freed of those metal bonds, and though they were painful and were a hassle sometimes (especially during the bi-monthly adjustments) I have to admit they did their job well. Oh yeah, they straightened out my teeth and all, but they also helped me lose weight.

Just when I'm getting married, tsk, life becomes more complicated. :D Oh well, this means I can't cheat on diets now. Life will just get more exciting from this day forward.

Now, where's my camera?

No comments: