Sunday, January 22

The Chickenpox Journals - Day 4 and 5

Amazing! It seems like I'm getting well each time i look in the mirror. The medicine does its work fast. A lot of the pox are drying up---I can see many of them scabbing over ( I apologize if this is grossing you out) already, and I feel pretty normal. "Normal" meaning the persistent headache is gone. I have not felt any aches, and I was able to watch two movies in the last two days without having to look away because I was dizzy. I got to watch Intermission (Cillian Murphy and a bunch of brilliant Irish actors whose names escape me) and Sideways (this I watched this evening with my sisters).

The fact that the entries for Days 3 to 4 1/2 have been squeezed into this post should be an indication of how much better I feel--I was able to do more! I read and read, watched TV, surfed, read again. I know, it almost sounds like bumming, but somehow the idleness is welcome. I have actually not been thinking about work. In fact I had to remind myself forcefully to text the make-up artist and email the florist today.

These past few days were really good! We got to play Cranium! It's such a fun game--a mixture of all sorts of creative skills and healthy competiotion. Forces you to think on your feet and be creative as hell. Oh, and another breakthrough: I was finally allowed to have dinner in the dinig room. Prior to tonight, Mama brought my meals up to my room because I was still contagious then, and that I might infect my sisters' boyfriends. But tonight, seeing as how the lesions are healing so quickly, Mama allowed me to hang out downstairs. Wow, it was nice to be part of the family again, and not chained to my bed. hehehehe

Right now, Benc and I are in the middle of editing the misalette. I never realized this was such a messy thing. But I guess if you want your rites to be customized, you have to work on it. See? I can stay up til 2 am! I'm feeling really normal now, as if nothing happened. :) I'm so glad. Can't wait to get back on the badminton courts again, and get in a bit of swimming too.

Oh but, there's a downside to the meds: it can really dry your skin. Both the cream and the tablets have that effect. The cream kind of makes the skin flake a little, as if you had a bad case of dandruff and it started to gather on your face. I'm itching to exfoliate, but of course that's not possible right now. The tablets make my sking dry, especially around the lips, which are peeling. The only remedy I have is lots of fluids and OD-ing on vitamin C. For my hair, maybe I'll sneak in a bit of conditioner at the mid-strands to the ends. It's become quite dry. Partly because of the medicines, and partly because I've had to tie it up and keep it out of my face.

But on the whole, I'm feeling much better, and I am looking forward to scrubbing of the scars. Could be anyday now! :)

No comments: