Wednesday, January 18

So that's what it was

High grade fever with chills? Check.
Sweating? Check.
Flu-like symptoms? Check.
Feeling hot and flushed? Check.
Blotchy and rashy? Check.
Pustules appearing first in the trunk and chest area? Check, check, check...

Yep. That's what it is. CHICKENPOX!

A month and a day to go and a disease I should've gotten when I was a kid suddenly popped up this afternoon.

"Didn't you get that when you were seven years old???!!!" Ninang Cheche exclaimed over the phone when I told her we had to cancel our dinner date.

"WHAAAAAATTTTTT???!!!...[stunned silence for tens seconds]." My mom's reaction when I told her.

"Ngek!" My dad.

*sigh* Well, I figure, better now than later. At least I can take care of myself. I'm working so I can buy my own medicines and use my health card, and at least I didn't get it when I was pregnant. That was what I was worried about. I never had it, and I wondered when in life I would. There was that one summer when all four of my siblings had it, and I was so exposed to them, but I didn't get it. My immune system was that strong. Thanks to gym five times a week and loads of happy experiences working with Ninang Cheche and the kids and the prods. :)

Need endorphins. Too bad they don't have endorphin-vitamins. These anti-virals are SOOOOOO expensive! P126.00 per tablet! And I have to take these five times a day for seven days or else I'll look like a typical national road in Metro Manila on a rainy month, hehe.

Wish me luck everyone. I believe in synergy. If all of you are pushing positive energy towards me while reading this post, I know it'll help me get better. :) Amen.

4 comments:

arGlene said...

I can feel after reading this post that you take it lightly, am I correct? :P Having positive vibes might help into achieving full recovery. When I got chicken pox (although I'm much younger then), I was so irritative, I don't want anybody to see nor hear any comments.

Get well soon Data. AND stay pretty! =)

chuching said...

hi data, i hope you get well soon! think positive nalang. im sure even before our "meeting", ok ka na! think of it this way, papayat ka pa lalo before the wedding! suerte! :P take care!

loryces said...

ugh ngayon pa!? anyway get well soon! :)

Aggie said...

this is one for the books :)
just dont scratch, drink plenty of fluids and rest rest rest.