Wednesday, August 3

Ooooh! I forgot to tell you

I fitted the lining of my dress last Saturday at Lya's! It was so exciting. I could almost see how it would look like. Lya promised not to cut the lace til the lining was perfect. It needs a bit of adjustment thought because it was too...big! bwahahahaha! That was encouraging. On the other hand, it could be that the measurement-takers just put a lot of allowance. :)

The moms also had their measurements taken for their dresses. My mom's dress design is soooo...imeldific! As in, the works. And it costs almost the same my three secondary sponsors' dresses! Oh well, she IS my mom. I'll give it to her. And I'm sure it's a dress she'll be able to wear again anyway. I have faith in Lya. I'm sure she'll make everyone look stunning.

My future MIL is having her dress done with Lya too. She chose a more laid back, traditional design, but one she was comfortable in. Again, it's something she will be able to wear to all her political and socio-civic meetings and activities. You know what's sweet? My future FIL was the one who helped her pick out her design. And it was from a magazine pa in the 60s! Those two...so in love pa rin after forty years together.

To whet my appetite some more, Lya showed me one of the partially-completed BM dresses. Oooooh, it looked so cute! It was so soft and wispy! I held back taking photos til it was completed. Para di maudlot. And to keep the suspense. :) I'm so excited! We're scheduled for a first fitting sometime this month.

Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait! Can't wait!

3 comments:

Pia said...

sis-in-lya! such a giddy feeling to go for fittings don't you think???

pic-tures pic-tures pic-tures!

Marj and Carlos said...

Pati ako na-excite. Pictures next time ah!

Glo said...

Ay bitin!