Woke up this morning to find a thin "film" of water on my floor. When Benc took a look, he said even the walls were "dewy" and glistening.
Water's seeping in from somewhere, but I don't know where it's coming from.
Who knows how long it's been happening? I usually go around my living space in rubber slippers and it's possible it's been like this for weeks and I just didn't notice it. Then again, no. I applied ant chalk the other day and the place was dry...I even did some sweeping.
ARRRRHGGGGHHHH!!!!
How could this be happening? My unit's the last one on my floor and it's beside the staircase, so it can't be coming from someone's plumbing beside me. If it was coming from the unit above mine, there's be marks on my ceiling, and it would trail down the walls right? But no. It just sort of appeared on the floor.
This really irritates me. Ed, the building administrator said he could only take a look at it on Saturday when he's stationed in the condo. He's out in the field usually. I was crabby and cranky all day because I was worried, but I felt better when Ed expressed worry and bewilderment as well. I told him my sofa bed's wet. And so are my covers. It's a good thing I have a sleeping bag. Darn. And the rain's perfect: how am I going to dry out my bed?
Just when everything was just about right. *sigh* The travails of a semi-home owner. And single person living alone.
Welcome to the real world.
2 comments:
sometimes the unexpected happens. be ready for it. last year my studio's kitchen caught on fire and then a month later my half of my carpet was all soaked up because my sink leaked. till now i still dont have renter's insurance but seriously planning getting one.
For all the times that I've lived by myself, would you believe that I've never worried about paying for rent and utilities? Diyan ako clueless. It was always that the company is paying for my accommodations. And if something goes kaputt, I just call maintenance to fix it and I will not even fork over a penny.
Oh well. I just hope to God that when H2b and I get our own place, he'd take care of these things. I'll go worry about something else. :)
Post a Comment