Wednesday, August 10

Your Comments Needed

This is TMU number 2--this time with Angie Cruz and Odgie.








They're both seasoned pros, having been in the hair and make-up business for 15 years. They're make-up artists for modelling shows, shoots for Penshoppe, MEGA Magazine, Jenni Epperson, Phoem Baranda, etc.
They're a fun duo--very down to earth, honest, candid. Most of all, they came on time to the
appointment and were welcome to suggestions and our preferences in make-up. They were eager to try all sorts of colors to achieve the look we wanted, and were willing to stay a little longer, powder me up a little more until we were ALL satisfied.

Here's version 1 of the make-up. Angie used a brownish lipstick here. I asked Odgie to try making the curls more wavy than curly.


He used a curling iron. Then used his hands to wind my hair around the thing. He did this cheerfully and efficiently for fifteen minutes! He was wearing knitted gloves so his fingers wouldn't burn. awww.
In these next photos, Angie used what he called his "bridal" lipstick--more pink! Odgie also made the curls tighter. Call this version 2, using Angie's bridal lipstick.
My mom and I liked what Angie did with my eyes and brows...my face opened up and there's more definition. The foundation is a bit too white though. When I told Angie this, he quickly brushed my face with bronzer--dunno if it really worked (you tell me!) but what I think is needed is a more tinted foundation.

Two of my friends found it unnatural while another said she liked this better than Barbi's.
What do you think? Your no-holds-barred opinions and comments will be very much appreciated! Thanks, all!

10 comments:

Leah said...

hi data!

this looks better than barbi's. there's more color and i agree, your face did open up. :) love the curls!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I like your make-up here because I think it will register better in photos. Di ka magmumukhang washed-out, especially with all the studio lights.

But, I like the curls made by Barbi more. They're softer, in my opinion, and less 'kalat'. Pahaba ka pa ng hair para mas maganda and effect. :)

bakya said...

i definitely dig wavy more than curly!

loryces said...

i like the first one although i guess you have to take into consideration kung ano hitsura sa videos and photos. the first one kasi medyo di makikita but it seems more natural.

Marj and Carlos said...

I like this more than Barbi's make-up. I like the first version than the version with the bridal lipstick. I think the bridal lipstick is too pink. Sad to say, I did not like your curls here. It looks more like limp/damp curls than it being wispy and romantic. Maybe large curls will look better and it'll look softer.

Nette said...

i liked the 'version 2, using Angie's bridal lipstick'...very bridal ang dating. and i liked your brows..hehe!

Aggie said...

Better eyes but they didnt get the curls - it looked permed :) I liked the foundation of barbi better. Haaaay, ang hirap makahanap ng the one no? Hehehe

Pia said...

i like this better than barbi's too! =) i think this has a more ethereal look data, although baka nga the solution to your curls is longer hair. hehe you might want to try the korean soap opera curls type - at the ends lang!

chuching said...

parang mas natural ang dating ng makeup ni barbi. although i don't know if that is good for pictures. pero for me, that was nicer. although i liked your curls here more...mas natural din. anyway, goodluck!! :D

Anonymous said...

i promise you, my personal stylist (naks!) Donna will make you happy!

-- rej