This is what I like about coming to the office at 7.30 in the morning. No one's here yet. It's quiet. The space and air are all mine. I have time to be by myself and with myself, even for just half an hour, before this mammoth piling of concrete comes to life,
and, in a way, takes life.
"You" are suspended til the day ends. Work will own you til 5 pm. Then you're released, spent and sputtering from the mental exhaustion. On some days it can get really bad, but it's moments like these in the morning that help me recharge a little bit.
It's like, I was here first! So I own the morning. And everyone else who comes in will have to seek my permission to partake of the peace I find. It's quiet time for the mind. It allows my brain to wake up on its own. I don't have to force it out of slumber. It's time for the mind to breathe, and I take as many breaths as I can. Deeply.
The it's like all the molecules that make up the empty room and the quiet seem to stand at attention, ready to recharge me. So I own the moment, stretching and making the most that I can before the day slowly cranks up to a start.
I will get through another day. I own the morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment