Thursday, April 14

A species of brainless, backbone-less, bags of balls:Neanderthals, all of you!

I hate, hate, HATE! catcalls. They're sooooo----AUGH! I don't know. Degrading is the word that comes to mind. PATHETIC. DOWNRIGHT RUDE! It's a violation of our human rights as women! Who the hell gave these male neanderthals the license to do this?!

What compels a dim-witted, scraggly-looking, unkempt construction worker to come within two feet of me and say "hello" leeringly? Don't tell me it was because of what I was wearing: I was walking to a meeting from my office to Galleria in my office attire for God's sakes! Maybe it was something I did? Up yours! I was doing nothing but holding on to my bag as I walked along the sidewalk. Like a good citizen. And that's another thing: you try to be a good citizen by following the rules. But do you get respect for it? NO! You get harassed. And I will use this word in every sense and context ever invented.

Don't give me that shit that it was a harmless two-syllable word. Don't try to reason and say "sinaktan ka ba?" The mere fact that I cannot walk down the street from my office to the mall without being bothered or harassed--or even just anticipating it. Isn't that a sorry way to live?

But, hey what can I do? They're vermin. It's all they know TO do. And I don't give a flying f**k about dignity of labor and all that bullshit: you can be the president of a big company or a dimwitted, scraggly-looking, unkempt construction worker but if you like objectifying women and harassing them for fun you're all as important as shit on a pavement. Shit I will gladly step into and mash into the cement to dry in and rot in forever.

I hope they think of their mothers, sisters, girlfriends, nieces, wives and daughters the next time they think about doing that. On second thought, no. I hope it happens to the women in their lives so they'll know exactly what I'm talking about!

3 comments:

mai said...

I hate that too. I actually called up the project manager of a construction site and filed a formal complaint and took a picture of the asses who were hooting.

They think kasi na women are sissies. Pero if you call them out they cant even look you in the eye. Cowards :(

Data Tolentino-Canlas said...

Hey BRAVO, mai! I salute you. Actually you're right, they turn timid when their attention is called. I remember there was this girl taunting a security guard in megamall. I thought they were friends but when I was within earshot, she was saying, "ang yabang mo, kala mo kayang-kaya mo ang babae. Buti sana kung gwapo ka, eh hindi naman!" And I could see the security guard bowing his head in shame bcause passersby were looking at him curiously. I came up to the girl and said loudly, tama yan! Ok yang ginagawa mo para matuto sila! I went into Mega, got stuff from Watson's and when I exited, the girl was still at it! Hah!

gra said...

ang pretty mo kasi.. they can't help themselves.. hehehe. just kidding.

when they start doing that, i always always look them in the eye as if daring them to say what they're saying to my face. ha!