Monday, October 11

Day 10-11: Boracay-Bronzed

Boracay will always be an extension of my spirit. I know that when I lose it, I will find it there again.

Nothing beats the wide open spaces and the clean air, and the feeling of being able to free your knotted mind from the beating of trying to survive a day at a time. There is no such thing as schedules in Boracay. There is no such thing as pre-planning or itineraries. You just go there and BE. You go there and do what feels right at that moment, because what ever your heart tells you to do at that time will be the right 0ne.

Like, order a mango daiquiri and get drunk and dance like you haven't danced in several years (actually you don't ever remember ever dancing like that). You have several smokes then trudge off to bed. You can swear as much as you want and not feel bad about having such a motherfuckingdirtybadass mouth. Maybe have a couple of Jonah's shakes everyday and watch the sunset. Maybe you want to binge on crabs and a bottle of Coke. Maybe you'll want to treat yourself to a bead necklace even of you have several containers of them at home already. Another four pairs of earrings sure wouldn't hurt. Or you could lie in the sun at ten in the morning to bake, no matter what they say about skin cancer and dehydration.

It will always be a good decision to spend time in Boracay and give in: give in to that paraw ride, to that urge to reach for another cigarette, to spend your last few bucks on precious rolls of film, to wear your bikini top over your shorts and march around the island in them. Its what the spirit needs--to feel good, to look good and be free. In Boracay, I am always free, and it's absolutely the best thing!

My spirit was longing to come back to me, after having given so much for so long. It was displaced I guess. I put so many other things in the places where she should've been and it got crowded and she had to step out. I didn't even notice her go. Good thing I felt her absence before it was too late.

We made up, my spirit and I and we're the best of friends again. And I'm feeling so much better. I'm rejuvenated, I'm happy and most of all I'm gorgeous, with a great tan and a great friend to share all the wonderful experiences with. Ulan is always great company, no matter where you go.

So I'm back in Manila, ready to begin counting the tasks to be done, and the days til Bubba comes home. But I know I'll be back in Boracay. It could be for anything. And any excuse to go back is always the right one!

1 comment:

bakya said...

you were meant for that boracay shoot and vice versa :)