3 days to go!
And they're the damn longest three days yet! But I guess I am luckier. I had lunch with Rhona and she told me all about her travails of carrying on a long-distance relationship/engagement. :)
We had lunch...and it was the first time I talked to her for so long in so many years!!!! And the funny thing was (as with all kindred spirits and true friendships) it feels like it was just yesterday since we last saw each other. We were talking for nearly three straight hours. Cafe Med waiters were cleaning up na and we were the only ones in the restaurant but we were still yakking and laughung like we were still in the SPCP cafeteria.
I told her Bubba would be back in three days and she laughed. She said to her, three days was like an hour. Imagine: she and Mark (her fiance) see each other lang every four months. But, she said, they talk on the phone every other day, the YM and email everyday, and set phone dates. She said the important thing was to set a routine para your mind isn't idle. And I told her naman, Bubba and I can't spend so much time apart. We get antsy if we don't see each other for a day!
It was great speaking with Rhona--she's the kind of friend who never really disappears from your life. There was never a dull moment with her. We talked about her wedding plans and her relationship and work and life. She advised me that I should get married while I'm still in love. Which I think is what should be. :) She told me about her designer and that she'd refer me to him. And we both believed in investing in the food and flowers and not necessarily on the shoes you'll be wearing. Flowers! Those are the kinds of details that should be given the most attention.
Her color motiff: turquoise and tangerine. It's so typical of Rhona. It's not blue and orange. It's turquoise and tangerine. :) But I bet it will be beautiful. I'll see it first hand anyway: I'm invited, and so is Bubba.
Bubba is in Wellington already. He visited the "get off the road" scene and Asfaloth. It's ten pm now in Wellington, and he's probably asleep already. I wonder if he's counting the days til he gets home, the way I am. Three days to go.
Can I cheat and consider that it's tomorrow already? Then I can say, two days to go? :) hehe
1 comment:
eto na ang totoong 2 days to go!
Post a Comment