Friday, October 1

Day 1

I woke up this morning with a text from Bubba saying he arrived safely in Sydney and was waiting for the bus to the YHA. I received the message at 5.10 am, which meant it was past to 7 am in Syd.

I barely recall Sydney. Most of the time I spent in Oz two years ago was spent in Melbourne. I spent a couple of days in Syd, but it all went by so fast. There wasn't much time to just sit and breathe things in, the way I was able to in Melb. That's why I fell in love with Melb, and was aching to return this year. But the Fates had something else in mind.

"I love you everywhere," he texted. "I always think of u." It's funny how I'm going through some heavy withdrawal symptoms all over again. I know it's just two weeks but---TWO WEEKS! It's difficult when you've gotten so used to seeing each other everday, have meals together, getr stressed together, get sick together, solve problems together. I feel like a separated Siamese twin who doesn't know how to handle so much personal space all of a sudden. :) Sigh. I'm working hard to make it through a day at a time.

This is day 1. 15 more days to go. Half a month. Phew.

No comments: